OPAF Grant Program
Twice each year, depending on financial conditions, the Fund awards financial assistance to one or more 501(c)(3) nonprofit public charities that share our commitment to supporting an enhanced quality of life for individuals with disabilities, especially those served by members of the orthotics and prosthetics community.
The Recipient of an OPAF Grant in 2007 was the Colorado Springs Sled Hockey Association.
To be considered for a grant from the Fund, organizations should complete an application narrative (no more than seven double-spaced pages in length) that includes all of the following information:
- evidence of United States Internal Revenue Service 501(c)(3) status as a nonprofit public charity (if your organization is not recognized in this way, that is if your organization is a nonprofit based outside the United States, then your organization is ineligible for support from the Fund)
- mission of the organization;
- current program schedule for the organization;
- annual operating budget of the organization, including sources of financial support;
- amount of support requested from the Fund;
- description of the program the grant would strengthen, including specifics as to how monetary donations from the Fund would be used; and
- complete contact information, including email, fax, and name of the individual filing the grant application
Applications are due each year no later than September 1, for funding before November 30, and no later than January 1, for funding before April 1.
Complete applications should be sent via email (as attachments either in Microsoft Word format or in Adobe PDF format) to .
All applications must be complete. Incomplete applications will not be considered.
Note: Please do not send via regular mail any applications, binders, folders, or any permanently bound material. Such material will not be considered and any material received through this avenue cannot be returned.
All applications are reviewed by the Board of Directors of the Fund.
Please direct questions about this program to Robin Burton, OPAF Executive Director at 319-235-4318 or .^ Top